Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ketchup Doritos: the new kid on the block

I knew it was going to get ugly. I anticipated a divide that I would soon see separating families and lovers, neighbours and co-workers. Canadians were turning on one another in an effort to Save the KD chip, at least for another year if they won the grand prize of the new game on the block put out by Doritos to see how deep your love is for the flavour (http://www.fastcocreate.com/3042550/doritos-pits-canadians-against-each-other-in-a-fight-over-ketchup-chips).

I was handling my internal struggle of the situation quite fine but what I didn't anticipate and what I could not have imagined occurred next. The extent of depravity felt by Americans south of the boarder from the lack of KD (new acronym of KD meaning Ketchup Doritos) in their lives, even if it was going to cause the same internal fights as it is doing in Canada, was enormous and is only getting larger. Maybe it is because a lack of access to something desired seems like a limitation of freedom, especially when there's a flavour-embrace of the Doritos occurring just across nation-wide lines that seems to be rubbing it in their faces.

What will happen next?

No comments:

Post a Comment